20thCentury Art...1945 to Now
|Slide List 1||Slide List 2||Slide List 3||Slide List 4||Slide List 5|
|Slide List 6||Slide List 7||Slide List 8|
|Slide List 14||Slide List 15|
|Slide list 17|
Slide List 21: Neo-Expressionism
Georg Baselitz (b. 1938):
1. The Forest on its Head, 1969, o/c
2. The Brücke Choir, 1983, o/c
3. Supper in Dresden, 1983, o/c .
4. Last Supper, 1909, o/c
Anselm Kiefer (b. 1945)
5. Occupations, 1969, photograph, Kiefer at Montpeller
6. Occupations, 1969, photograph, Kiefer at the Colosseum
7. Occupations, 1969, photograph, final page
8. Casper David Friedrich. Traveler Above the Mist, c.1840, o/c
9. Reclining Man with Branch, 1971, watercolor on paper
10. Germany's Spiritual Heros, 1973, oil and charcoal on canvas
11. Your Golden Hair Margarete, 1981, oil, emulsion and straw on canvas
12. Shulamith, 1983, oil, emulsion, woodcut, shellac, acyrilic and straw on canvas
13. Icarus--March Sand, 1981, oil, emulsion, sand on photograph
14. Palette with Wings, 1985, lead, steel and tin
Sandro Chia (b. 1946)
15. The Idleness of Sisyphus, 1981, o/c
Julian Schnabel (b. 1951)
16. Sea, 1981, oil, plates and wood
Francesco Clemente (b. 1952)
17. Two Painters, 1980, gouache on handmade paper, cloth backing
18. Semen, 1983, gouache on linen
Jean-Michel Basquiat (1960-1988)
19. Crowns (Peso neto), 1981, oil and acrylic on canvas
20. Riding with Death, 1988, o/c
Access to collection: This collection is open to the entire web for searching and viewing the thumbnail images.
The large version of the images is restricted to the Penn domain [upenn.edu].
Proxy: If you are a Penn affiliate, you can access the full-size images from outside the Penn domain by using the Library Proxy Service.
Copyrights: The use of the full-size digital images is restricted to University of Pennsylvania faculty, students, and staff (for more information).